Watermelon, Feta, and Basil Salad

I feel like a have not nearly been blogging enough! I think it is because my appetite is still really small and I have been making a lot of repeates! I keep working at doing better! Anyways, this is a quick salad I put together for our dinner last night. I have seen afew different variations of herb/cheese/fruit salads, and wanted to give it a try. I added a little lime at the end for a little kick! I really enjoyed the flavors of this salad. My only note is that I think I will chop the basil next time so I do not get such intense mouthfuls of the herb. Ron was not a fan, but sonetimes he does not like to off the beaten path with things like watermelon (he likes the original!). However, I enjoyed the different flavors of salt and sweet. A nice recipe for an outdoor BBQ.

On another note, today is the big day! An annoucement will follow later this week. Hope everyone is having a lovely week!


Ingredients

3 1/2 cups cubed watermelon
3 basil leaves, chiffonade
3 Tbl crumbles feta cheese
Juice from 1/2 a fresh lime


Instructions

Add watermelon, basil, and feta to a medium bowl. Gently toss so ingredients are evenly mixed. Squeeze lime juice over the top of the salad, and serve cold.

Labels: , , , , , ,